As we're a charity we talk about fundraising rather than costs. This means you can raise the money for your expedition through donations from family, friends and supporters. Fundraising can come in all kinds of forms, from running a cake sale to doing a sponsored run or setting up a JustGiving page. We recognise that fundraising might be new to you. It is more popular in some countries than others. At Raleigh International we will support you with fundraising wherever you are based.
You don’t have to fundraise for the cost of your entire expedition. You can raise this money in any way you like, although we encourage you to do as much fundraising as possible. Not only does fundraising raise awareness of Raleigh International as a charity but by speaking to people and running fundraising activities, you will start to have a better understanding of our work. Plus, you’ll develop lots of new skills - communication, creativity and organisation to name just a few!
|10 week expedition||£3,150|
|7 week expedition||£2,550|
|5 week expedition||£1,950|
What is provided during expedition?
- Travel and Medical insurance (excluding personal belongings cover)
- Full training and support both pre- expedition and when on programme
- Food and accommodation
- Specialist equipment
- In-country transport
What is not provided for expedition?
- Personal belongings (For example rucksack, walking boots, sleeping bag etc). We encourage venturers to reuse and borrow as much as possible. As a Raleigh participant you'll receive a 10% discount at Nomad Travel Store.
Don’t know where to start with your fundraising? Don’t worry, we’re here to help!
Once you’ve signed up for an expedition we’ll send you an email packed full of information and ideas about fundraising. We’ll also give you some messages to use when you are fundraising to help communicate the contribution and impact you will be making whilst on an expedition. For more information on the impact of Raleigh’s work please take a look at our 2012 Impact Report
Our volunteer delivery team is always happy to discuss your fundraising activities and ideas and we’ll send you any materials that will help you achieve your goals. Here’s a quick list of ideas to get you started:
- Set up a JustGiving page
- Run a bake sale
- Write a press release for local media
- Organise a quiz
- Complete a sponsored walk/run/cycle
- Contact your local supermarket to do a bag packing day
- Writing letters to organisations and individuals for support