Spring into action in February (and escape the weather!) with our new bursary for spring 2015 where you could be doing something extraordinary; use your time out to create positive, sustainable change in Tanzania, Costa Rica & Nicaragua or Borneo.
Have you always wanted to volunteer overseas – but the cost has held you back?
If you are under 25 and from the UK, we have a bursary available that will give you the chance to go on expedition as early as February 2015!
As a charity we work hard to make sure that our programmes are accessible to everyone. We recognise that not everyone's personal situation is the same so we offer bursaries for our expeditions in Tanzania, Costa Rica & Nicaragua or Borneo. This gives everyone a fair chance of taking part, especially those who, without this additional support, would find the full fundraising target too hard to reach.
Our bursaries are means tested on household income. Applicants will have to complete a telephone interview as part of the selection process.
What does that mean?
You could receive either one-third or two-thirds off the fundraising target depending on your application and interview. Please note that additional expedition costs such as vaccinations, visas, flights and personal kit are not included in Raleigh International's fundraising targets and are further costs that applicants will need to consider.
You are eligible to apply if you:
- Are aged 17-24 at the time of departure on expedition.
- Have British citizenship or have permanent residence status in the UK (due the nature of the funding we have received).
- Can commit to a 5 week (summer only), 7 week or 10 week expedition.
- You have NOT already applied to go on the expedition.
- Due to your personal financial situation, you would not be able to take part in an expedition without a bursary.
- Are able to demonstrate your understanding of our aims as a charity and why you would like to volunteer with Raleigh International.
How to apply
- Complete and submit the bursary application form. You will be asked to include information on your household income including government support (we will ask you to provide proof of household income); your personal objectives for the expedition and fundraising ideas, include the name of a referee who can support your application.
- Once your application is submitted it will be screened by us here at Head Office. If you meet the eligibility criteria and give sufficient details of your motivation to join a Raleigh expedition and fundraising ideas, you will be shortlisted and invited to a phone interview which will last 20 - 30 minutes.
- If you are successful at phone interview, you will be formally offered a Raleigh bursary.
- You will need to secure your place on expedition with a £200 deposit within a month of being offered a bursary. Failure to do so will result in us withdrawing our bursary offer.
If you have any questions regarding the Raleigh Bursary Award please call our recruitment team on +44 (0) 207 183 1286