The Raleigh International Volunteer Manager Qualification
Raleigh International has recently developed and launched a new qualification for volunteer managers in partnership with Birkbeck, University of London - the postgraduate certificate in International Field Leadership.
This is a great option for all volunteers in project manager, field based or ICS team leader roles*; past, present and future that are interested in gaining a qualification to add to their challenging expedition experience and memories.
As well as the Raleigh training and expedition, the qualification involves reflective learning, independent study, a one-day workshop and submitting a number of essays for assessment.
The expedition element can have been done anytime within the last 5 years. Entry requirements are flexible, so while a first degree would be beneficial, if you have good professional experience and are reasonably confident writing, this course could also be for you.
Birkbeck have set the fees for the 2012/2013 academic year at £1975 for UK students and £3,875 for overseas students. To apply for the course starting in January 2013, the application deadline is 14th December.
Watch a video of one of our past students talking about the course:
This qualification could be for you if you're interested in:
• Pursuing a career in international development, or any international career involving working with people from different cultural, ethnic and linguistic backgrounds
• Developing a deeper understanding of transferable leadership, intercultural and global citizenship skills
• Preparing yourself to take further academic study, such as Diploma and Masters courses in related areas
• Convincing your employer to sponsor you in this unique personal development opportunity
Want to know more about this opportunity?
The qualification is tailored around the unique and challenging work-based learning experience the Raleigh expedition offers to its volunteer managers. The postgraduate certificate highlights the depth of the personal and professional development opportunity the Raleigh/ Birkbeck learning methodology offers. This Raleigh/ Birkbeck collaboration is a powerful partnership between a leader in overseas expedition-based training and a world class research and teaching Higher Education institution.
For further details, please click here to:
* Minimum time on project required, see programme guide & FAQs for further details.